Google+ Canadian Boarding School Athletic Facilities Stanstead College
Athletics /

Athletic Facilities

Athletic Facilities


Amaron Gymnasium Amaron Gymnasium
Opened in 1965, the Amaron Gymnasium is named after long-time headmaster Errol C. Amaron (1931-1954). It features a multi-purpose court with viewing area, squash courts and several changing rooms. In 1994, the Weider Fitness Centre was added to the facility.
Amaron Gymnasium W. John Mackay Gymnasium
Stanstead College opened its second gymnasium during the winter of 2013. Converted from the former Ralph B. Hood Swimming Pool, the new gym is named in honour of the alumnus whose generosity made the renovations possible.

Weider Fitness Centre

Weider Fitness Centre
Located overlooking the gym floor, the fitness centre features several machines and free weights.

Stanstead College Arena Pat Burns Arena
The Pat Burns Arena opened in the spring of 2011. Owned by the Town of Stanstead, it is managed by Stanstead College and named after NHL coaching legend Pat Burns, who maintained a home in the region for many years prior to his death in 2010. The arena is used extensively by the town and surrounding municipalities and various leagues. Visit the Pat Burns Arena website.

Pat Burns Arena Fitness Centre & Physiotherapy Clinic
The arena features a fully equipped fitness facility. Our physiotherapy clinic is open to the public as well as the school community. Click here to learn more about physiotheraphy services offere.

 Ralph B. Hood Swimming Pool

La Ruche pool
During the Winter Term, the school’s swim team practices daily at Centre Sportif La Ruche in Magog. Construction of this modern facility was completed in 2012 and is one of the finest pools in the Eastern Townships.

Other facilities

Other facilities
Two squash courts
Football, rugby and soccer fields
Two tennis courts
Exterior basketball court and outdoor rink

 See more on Campus Tour



November 18, 2017 November 21, 2017 November 24, 2017








© 2014, Stanstead College