Living in residence is a key component of the overall Stanstead College boarding experience. While a number of modifications are in place to ensure COVID-19 prevention, we strive to ensure that boarding and day students continue to have a rich residential life.
Specific measures are as follows:
- Based on current guidelines, all international students are quarantined on campus for 14 days upon their arrival.
- There are separate doors for boarders to enter and exit buildings, and stairwells are designated for use going up or down.
- Throughout the school year, rooming assignments will ensure that there will be sufficient space to properly physical distance.
- Beds and desks are placed at least 2 metres apart.
- Day students have a separate entrance to the residence and a designated space within residence. They are not permitted in boarders’ floors or rooms.
- Students must wear masks at all times unless in their own room.
- Cleaning procedures are intensified with frequent cleaning of doorknobs and surfaces that are touched often. Common bathrooms are cleaned multiple times daily.
- All students, faculty and staff are required to have their temperature taken daily.