1938-40: Fire and Rebuilding
A chimney fire spreads to destroy the main building on Saturday, May 28, 1938. With the help of regional high schools lending material, the school was able to finish the academic year.
For the 1938-39 school year, boarders were housed throughout Stanstead and Rock Island, described by Principal Amaron as "our year in the wilderness."
After a highly successful fundraising campaign, a new main building, later named Colby House, opens in 1940. A clock was installed in the new tower in 1949.