1958-1959: Time of Change
1958: Faced with declining enrollment, the school closes Bugbee Business School and the Eastern Townships Music Conservatory. Pierce Hall is rebuilt. Davis House for senior boys and Bugbee House for junior boys open.
1959: Stanstead College becomes an all-boys residential school. Most local students henceforth attend public schools, including the newly expanded Sunnyside School across from the College.